Yesterday, Governor Baker announced a number of new and expanded resources to help keep people housed during the ongoing pandemic as part of the new Eviction Diversion Initiative. Click here to find out more, or check below for a quick summary!
If you need help staying in your home, and aren't sure where to start, check out the FAQ at the link below, and don't hesitate to call our office at (617) 722-2460 if you have any questions
- $100 million expansion of RAFT to provide rental and mortgage assistance to renters and landlords impacted by the pandemic. Maximum benefits have been increased from $4,000 to $10,000.
- $48.7 million to HomeBASE and other rapid rehousing programs for those at risk of homelessness
- $12.3 million to provide tenants and landlords with access to legal representation prior to and during the eviction process
- $6.5 million in additional funding for Housing Consumer Education Centers to help those who face a housing emergency
- $3.8 million for the Tenancy Preservation Program to provide case management support and mediate agreements between tenants and landlords