Cambridge Health Alliance Launches COVID-19 Testing at Malden Care Center
Effort will support expanded testing for Everett and Malden residents
Malden, Mass. - Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) today announced that, beginning Wednesday, April 29, COVID-19 testing will be available to existing CHA patients and members of the community via a stand-alone testing center at the CHA Malden Care Center (195 Canal Street, Malden). Everett and Malden residents 8 years of age and older are welcome, regardless of insurance or immigration status. Individuals MUST CALL to set up an appointment using a new hotline number at 617-665-2928.
“Providing a stand-alone testing location in Malden supports multiple public health goals: increased ease of testing, limiting risk of incidental infection and preserving hospital resources for the sickest patients,” said Assaad Sayah, MD, Cambridge Health Alliance CEO. “We appreciate the support of Everett Mayor Carlo DeMaria and Malden Mayor Gary Christenson during this crisis and look forward to working with them to prevent the spread of this virus.”
“ Stopping the further spread of COVID-19 relies heavily on our ability to test quickly and safely ,” said Malden Mayor Gary Christenson. “Now, thanks to Cambridge Health Alliance, we will be able to do just that by ensuring that every member of our community has access to testing.”
"A testing facility dedicated to Everett residents will allow our community to test more individuals, and, in turn, slow the spread of the virus," said Everett Mayor Carlo DeMaria.
Results will be available in five days after people are tested. Each community’s Department of Public Health will contact people with the results.
● Malden residents will receive a call from the Malden Health Department with results. Call 781-397-7052 with any questions.
● Everett residents will receive a call from the Everett Health Department with results. Call 617-394-2257 with any questions.
Below is key information about the service:
● Appointments are required . Everett and Malden residents should call 617-665-2928 to get an appointment. The Call Center is open Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
● CHA patients with symptoms should call their primary care provider to schedule a test referral.
● Testing is provided to residents and CHA patients Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
● Testing is available both as a drive-thru service and for bicyclists and people who arrive
● Testing will be conducted in a tent located at the CHA Malden Care Center ( 195 Canal
● There is no charge. People will be asked for insurance information, but it is not required.
● Results will be available within 5 days after people are tested.
CHA is monitoring the situation and will make changes as circumstances evolve. Visitwww.challiance.org to learn more and get updated information.
CHA is an academic community health system committed to providing high-quality care in Cambridge, Somerville and Boston’s metro-north communities. CHA has expertise in primary care, specialty care and mental health/substance use services, as well as caring for diverse and complex populations. It includes three hospital campuses, a network of primary care and specialty practices and the Cambridge Public Health Dept. CHA patients have seamless access to advanced care through the system’s affiliation with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston. CHA is a Harvard Medical School teaching affiliate and is also affiliated with Harvard School of Public Health, Harvard School of Dental Medicine and Tufts University School of Medicine. For more information, visit www.challiance.org .