Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles to Offer Designated Service Hours for Customers 75 Years of
Dedicated hours will be by appointment only every Wednesday through September at five Service Center locations
The Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV) is announcing that it will begin offering dedicated service hours for customers who are 75 years of age or older and are required to renew their Massachusetts driver’s license in person. The new designated service hours will be by appointment only and will be offered on Wednesdays through the month of September at select service center locations. The services will begin on Wednesday, September 2, at the Watertown Service Center with additional locations in Danvers, Leominster, New Bedford, and South Yarmouth to follow beginning on Wednesday, September 9. The RMV is offering this new customer service option to facilitate proper “social-distancing” protocols to keep customers and staff safe and healthy.
The following service centers will exclusively serve these customers who make renewal appointments:
● Danvers Service Center (starting September 9th)
● Leominster Service Center (starting September 9th)
● New Bedford Service Center (starting September 9th)
● South Yarmouth Service Center (starting September 9th)
● Watertown Service Center (starting September 2nd )
Below are all other options for seniors to renew by appointment:
● If you are a AAA member, you may make a reservation now to renew your driver’s license/ID at a AAA location. Visit aaa.com/appointments to schedule your visit.
● If you are not a AAA member, visit Mass.Gov/RMV to make a reservation to renew at an RMV Service Center. Select the Seniors License Renewal option on the Make/Cancel a Reservation transaction.
● Email the RMV for assistance to renew at MassDOTRMVSeniors@dot.state.ma.us
● Call the RMV at 857-368-8005.
License and ID renewal appointments are also available at our other open RMV Service Centers that offer general appointments to the public. Select Renew My Driver’s License or Mass ID option on the Make/Cancel a Reservation at Mass.Gov/RMV to view availability and make a
reservation at one of these locations.
“It’s more important now than ever that we ensure folks have access to reliable transportation and this is especially true for our seniors,” said Representative Steve Ultrino (D-Malden). “I’m glad that the RMV has committed to these new renewal options for seniors so our seniors can easily renew their licenses and continue to get around safely during these difficult times.”
For additional information on RMV service offerings during the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit www.mass.gov/rmv or contact Representative Ultrino’s office at (617) 722-2460.